The Chang-Lin Tien Leadership in Education Award recognizes Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) who have achieved significant academic accomplishments and demonstrate the potential to advance to the highest leadership levels in higher education or has shown the capacity to grow and move from a high-level position. The recipient will receive a $10,000 grant to establish a Chang-Lin Tien Scholarship Fund for AAPI students at their university. Nominations are due March 6, 2020. The selection of the award recipient will be made by May 29, 2020.
- Asian American or Pacific Islander working in a U.S. higher education institution
- Currently associated with a four-year public or private college or university
- Appointed at the level of dean or a position of comparable—or higher—responsibility.
- Preference is given to candidates who do not currently hold a chief executive position (i.e. chancellor, president, provost or comparable level).
- Demonstrates potential for future career advancement
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership potential and scholarly achievement