To encourage campus-wide efforts that promote, enhance and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion, the Office Diversity, Equity & Inclusion has established a dedicated DE&I Innovation Fund to support projects that advance an innovative approach to DEI at U-M.
The recommended average size of grants should range between $2,000 and $5,000. Students, staff and faculty are eligible to apply. Requests of up to $10,000 may be considered under unique circumstances. The deadline to apply is March 15, 2019; funds are available upon approval of the application and are to be expensed by June 30, 2020.
- Awards will provide seed funding for ideas that have the potential to catalyze long range transformative change in the U-M campus environment
- Priority will be given to ongoing efforts, as opposed to one-time events
- Proposals should describe in detail a plan for sustainability
- Projects should not be a part of existing DE&I plans
- Awardees must provide a summary of the project at completion