A Welcome Message to Students: Fall 2018

tree

To the Student Community,

As we begin a new semester, I can’t help but reflect on my own time as a University of Michigan student. There’s truly nothing quite like fall in Ann Arbor. There always seems to be a buzz in the air, a renewed sense of energy and excitement for so many.

Whether you’re starting your first semester, or have been calling the University of Michigan your home for years, what truly makes our campus special is its sense of community.

As the Chief Diversity Officer and Vice Provost for Equity and Inclusion, I want to ensure each and every one of you that I am continuously striving to make sure that you have the very best university experience possible.

My goal is to make sure that your experience at the University of Michigan is authentic to the world in which we live. That means you have opportunities to meet, make friends with, and learn from people who come from very different places, who hold different perspectives, and who may believe different things than you.

I believe this is the kind of educational experience you must have to consider yourself the leaders and best.

As a U-M student, there are numerous resources available to you, many of which can be found at myumi.ch/aZrPp

As you embark on this new semester, know that we, as a campus community, are here for each other.

I wish you a great year, and go blue.

Sincerely,

Robert Sellers
Chief Diversity Officer
Vice Provost for Equity and Inclusion

The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.